Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below; please follow the instructions to our applicant page online. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications.
- Account Executive, Enterprise Sales
- Analyst (Global Military and Other Specializations)
- Front-End Web/Drupal Developer
- Short-form Content Writer
Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence and advisory firm. Founded on the principle that transformative world events are not random, but are in fact predictable, Stratfor analyses and forecasts reveal the underlying significance and future implications of emerging developments. Globally engaged individuals, professionals, Fortune 500 companies, universities and organizations across an array of industries turn to Stratfor for accurate, actionable geopolitical intelligence and analysis that helps them make sense of an increasingly complex world.
The Account Executive is a sales-focused role, designed to develop and grow Stratfor’s business. The Enterprise Sales Account Executive will support executives and/or other managers at target companies responsible for global strategy, security, and research. The Account Executive will work with Stratfor’s Enterprise Sales department leadership and business development team, along with Stratfor’s product teams, to identify and prioritize potential clients, develop engagement strategies, establish and develop relationships with key clients, develop a sales pipeline and translate developmental discussions about our offerings into increased revenues.
- Full understanding of the client’s key challenges, global operations and risk areas, international strategy and then translating and aligning Stratfor’s capabilities to create a strategy to help the client identify risk or opportunity.
- Focused on selling Stratfor’s high-value, enterprise-level Worldview and Threat Lens products and services, to include geopolitical intelligence and analysis, strategic forecasting, country assessments, security risk assessments, global incident monitoring, and consultations around how global developments impact operations.
- Maintaining ongoing awareness of Stratfor’s analytical coverage and forecasting to support related sales.
- Maintaining the overall relationship with strategic key accounts. The Account Executive acts as the primary business contact for the client at the senior executive level.
- Directly identifying and developing business opportunities with strategic key accounts; developing and sustaining a robust pipeline of deals and closes large, profitable, deals to achieve or exceed agreed sales targets.
- Responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of resources supporting the client pre-sales, proposal, and delivery stages.
- Ability in negotiating non-standard terms and conditions as required for complex multi-functional intelligence engagements and leading contract negotiations with customers.
- Ensuring Key Account Customer Satisfaction to develop future business opportunities and provides appropriate and timely feedback to internal delivery groups to enable them to react positively to customer issues and to enhance products and services for continuous improvement and maintaining market differentiation.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Candidate ideally would have 10+ years of experience in enterprise sales, and a proven track record of selling services and engaging with senior executives on issues related to global strategy, organizational security concerns, risk management, intelligence operations, and/or research.
- Possesses strong commercial skills, the ability to visualize, describe and structure deals.
- Must be a self-starter, who can manage his or her own time, build a sales opportunity pipeline and work as a member of a local and virtual team.
- Some work will require short turn-around times to support time-sensitive requirements, while other work will have longer sale cycles, but the ability to develop relationships and leverage Stratfor’s content and expertise into saleable consulting services is critical.
- Solid understanding of world events, including political, economic and security issues.
- Must have strong executive presence, strong oral and written communication abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of how corporations and other organizations use strategic intelligence would be useful, as would any commercial experience, but these skills are less important than the ability to build strategic relationships.
- Experience with intelligence operations is preferred.
- Education must include a bachelor’s degree at minimum.
- Foreign language aptitude and travel experience is preferred.
- Location in Austin, Texas is required.
- This role may require 25%+ travel, depending on client locations.
Please forward resumes to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
Stratfor's team of analysts come from extremely diverse backgrounds and share an intense passion for understanding how the world operates through a geopolitical lens. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate a high quality of mind and energy for what we do.
We care about how you think, first and foremost. To be considered for an analyst position, you must be willing to internalize Stratfor's geopolitical methodology to make sense of the world. You must be willing to go beyond a narrow area of expertise to understand how issues connect across regions and themes. We are not in the business of making policy prescriptions: You must suppress biases, internalize the constraints shaping a state’s behavior and focus on what will happen versus what should happen. You must demonstrate both rigor and creativity in how you analyze fragments of information from intelligence feeds. You must possess the intellectual discipline to regularly have your baseline assumptions challenged without getting your feelings hurt. And you must love this enough to live and breathe the job. This is a fast-paced working environment that carries a lot of responsibility, and we need people who can not only handle the work, but who also thrive in a place where both speed and depth of analysis hold equal weight.
As a member of Stratfor’s core team of analysts, you will be responsible for supplying Stratfor’s main publishing arm with consistent, forward-looking intelligence and analysis and for providing briefings to Stratfor’s diverse set of clients.
Analysts are not only responsible for processing a large amount of information daily to stay on top of current events; a successful Stratfor analyst is able to step back from the noise, identify the key constraints to action and home in on the deeper trends in motion to develop long-term strategic forecasts. They must excel in using fragments of information and a geopolitical framework to build a coherent picture. While analysts have areas that they specialize in, our forecasts encompass political, economic, security and technological forces, requiring a well-rounded approach and the ability to absorb and transmit knowledge quickly. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, like to dig into a lot of issues at once, and are a pro at multitasking, this is a good place for you.
An analyst’s main output is in the form of written analysis for the company’s online publishing arm, as well as custom briefings for clients. Candidates must therefore demonstrate creativity and clarity in their thinking and writing. Stratfor’s engagement with clients and international media also necessitate a professional presence with excellent briefing and verbal communication skills.
All Analyst positions are based at the company headquarters in Austin, TX
In addition to the responsibilities listed above for all analyst candidates, we are seeking analysts who meets the following specific additional criteria:
Global Military Analyst
- Eligibility to work in the United States. This position is based out of the company headquarters in Austin, Texas
- At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience and completion of advanced degrees
- Depth in the understanding of military theory, history and practice
- Familiarity with emerging military concepts, doctrines, modernization programs, electronic warfare and cybersecurity
- Interest and understanding of military technology and weaponry, logistics and industry
- In-depth knowledge of active and emerging conflicts
- Established network of relevant contacts and subject matter experts is a plus; Ideal candidates will have work experience in their area of interest
- Ability to construct clear, logical analytical arguments with supporting evidence
- Rigor, professionalism and resourcefulness in conducting research
- Genuine interest and skill in writing
- A professional presence with excellent briefing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly challenging environment and under tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter; candidates must show the ability to manage their own time and work constructively as a member of a local and virtual overseas team
- Ability to understand key political, economic, energy, security, historical and social trends shaping a region in addition to core military assessment; Candidates must demonstrate ability to cover the region as a whole in addition to specific country expertise through a military lens. Candidates must be comfortable covering a range of issues in depth. For example, a Stratfor Global Military Analyst would be responsible for covering the tactical evolution of the Syrian battlefield, gaming out military scenarios for a conflict in Northeast Asia or the South China Sea, and understanding the strategic direction of China’s military modernization
- Language capabilities in addition to English are a major plus
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to [email protected]. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined.
We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with the team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics, world events or are a history buff, then this is definitely the place to be.
- Expertise in Drupal theming (or similar content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, etc.), HTML5, CSS3, and cross-browser testing
- Familiarity with key Drupal site-building modules such as Views, Features, Context, Panels, Display Suite, etc.
- Familiarity with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
- Experience working collaboratively using Git and GitHub
- Experience using Sass/Compass to generate CSS (or other CSS pre-processors, such as Less or Stylus)
- Experience building out responsive web designs and responsive email campaigns
- Focus on quality design, usability, and user experience (UX)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with (and preferably contributing to) open source projects
- Familiarity with security best practices
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- UI/UX design, mobile web and application design/development, Google Analytics, Unbounce, front-end frameworks (AngularJS, Backbone.js, etc.), Unix basics, Vagrant, Ansible, Redmine, Node.js, A/B and multivariate testing (MVT) tools such as Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) or Google Content experiments
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected] along with links to sites and/or open source projects you’ve worked on, including a description of your contribution.
This position offers an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in a fast-growing Austin-based Geopolitical intelligence firm servicing a wide range of individual, corporate and governmental clients. We’re currently seeking a polished and professional Subscriber Services Specialist to join our Subscriber and Member Services team to assist new and current subscribers by both phone, chat and email. This position will focus on providing a world class, positive and memorable experience to our individual subscribers and will play a key role in saving and winning back our customers.
- Retaining subscribers and clients through retention and sales strategies
- Make outbound calls to existing and past customers
- Answering inbound calls, chats and emails
- Assisting subscribers with “business as usual” technical issues such as, logging in, receiving content via email, and browser compatibility issues
- Promote additional Stratfor products and services by recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling
- Guide users through completion of the purchasing process
- Document relevant subscriber and client information as well as great detail regarding recurring technical issues to be sent to the technical team to further investigate
In addition to being a sales and retention rock star, you are passionate about providing a positive customer experience. You are a strong team player with a “can do” attitude and entrepreneurial mindset. World events and geopolitics are of genuine interest to you.
Strong candidates should have
- Customer-centric demeanor, strong sales, retention and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate professionally in written form, as well as over the phone
- Ability to remain calm and defuse internal and external customer situations
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn from others
- Outgoing, professional personality and presence
- Willingness to seek out information and have an entrepreneurial outlook
- Basic PC and Mac knowledge is a requirement
- Prior customer service, sales and retention experience is required
- Experience working with subscription-based products is preferred
- Strong work ethic, dependability, flexibility
- Some basic technical skills required, to assist subscribers with common website troubleshooting, such as login problems, password resetting, and printing across a variety of platforms: PC, Mac, mobile phones, tablets, etc.
Our offices are in Austin, Texas. An experienced business intelligence and services company, our work environment is entrepreneurial, fast-paced, creative, tech and market savvy, team-oriented and fun. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Please email your resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
The Short-form Content Producer is a contract role focused exclusively on producing Stratfor's response to timely and breaking events. The position entails writing, publishing and disseminating concise Situation Reports for the company's core audience. The Short-form Content Producer directly supports the analytic and collections departments while exercising rigorous editorial oversight. The Short-form Content Producer must be completely conversant with the elements of style, fluent in international affairs, and up to speed with Stratfor's primary assertions and frameworks. A basic understanding of web publishing is desirable, an informed, global perspective is essential.
- Produce up to 16 Situation Reports per day (75 - 150 words each), based on geopolitically significant events identified by analysts.
- Produce a small number of short (one sentence) updates for Stratfor's corporate security product.
- Edit and refine text in adherence to AP and house style, ensuring spotless prose each and every time.
- Upload text to a dedicated content-management system and publish to the web.
- Write for, and post to, a variety of social media platforms.
- Able to develop a keen understanding of Stratfor’s analytic process, including a working awareness of core themes, regions and net assessments.
- Evaluate, refine and process data sources.
- Operate in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, meeting deadlines and applying good judgment on a daily basis.
- Able to collaborate effectively with others and liaise across departments as required.
- Be prepared to operate outside of normal working hours in extremis.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Any candidate ideally would have 2+ years of experience in a digital publishing environment and familiarity with industry standard content management systems.
- A background in international affairs is essential.
- A proven ability to adhere to style and produce quality content.
- An advanced social media user, proficient in composing content for — and posting to — Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- Strong editorial skills and an advanced command of written and spoken English.
- Must be self-motivated, have an eye for detail and be able to collaborate meaningfully with others.
- A candidate must possess the confidence and judgment to work autonomously and with limited support, potentially outside of a regular timezone and/or over weekends.
- Receptive to open feedback and training. Able to constructively critique others if required.
- Experience with intelligence operations is desirable.
- Foreign language aptitude and travel experience is preferred.
- Location in Austin, Texas is highly desirable.
Please forward a short cover letter and your resume to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.