Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below; please follow the instructions to our applicant page online. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications.
- Account Executive, Enterprise Sales
- Front-End Application Developer
- Global Security Specialist
- UX/UI Product Designer
Stratfor is a geopolitical intelligence and advisory firm. Founded on the principle that transformative world events are not random, but are in fact predictable, Stratfor analyses and forecasts reveal the underlying significance and future implications of emerging developments. Globally engaged individuals, professionals, Fortune 500 companies, universities and organizations across an array of industries turn to Stratfor for accurate, actionable geopolitical intelligence and analysis that helps them make sense of an increasingly complex world.
The Account Executive is a sales-focused role, designed to develop and grow Stratfor’s business. The Enterprise Sales Account Executive will support executives and/or other managers at target companies responsible for global strategy, security, and research. The Account Executive will work with Stratfor’s Enterprise Sales department leadership and business development team, along with Stratfor’s product teams, to identify and prioritize potential clients, develop engagement strategies, establish and develop relationships with key clients, develop a sales pipeline and translate developmental discussions about our offerings into increased revenues.
Full understanding of the client’s key challenges, global operations and risk areas, international strategy and then translating and aligning Stratfor’s capabilities to create a strategy to help the client identify risk or opportunity.
Focused on selling Stratfor’s high-value, enterprise-level Worldview and Threat Lens products and services, to include geopolitical intelligence and analysis, strategic forecasting, country assessments, security risk assessments, global incident monitoring, and consultations around how global developments impact operations.
Maintaining ongoing awareness of Stratfor’s analytical coverage and forecasting to support related sales.
Maintaining the overall relationship with strategic key accounts. The Account Executive acts as the primary business contact for the client at the senior executive level.
Directly identifying and developing business opportunities with strategic key accounts; developing and sustaining a robust pipeline of deals and closes large, profitable, deals to achieve or exceed agreed sales targets.
Responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of resources supporting the client pre-sales, proposal, and delivery stages.
Ability in negotiating non-standard terms and conditions as required for complex multi-functional intelligence engagements and leading contract negotiations with customers.
Ensuring Key Account Customer Satisfaction to develop future business opportunities and provides appropriate and timely feedback to internal delivery groups to enable them to react positively to customer issues and to enhance products and services for continuous improvement and maintaining market differentiation.
Experience and Qualifications
Candidate ideally would have 10+ years of experience in enterprise sales, and a proven track record of selling services and engaging with senior executives on issues related to global strategy, organizational security concerns, risk management, intelligence operations, and/or research.
Possesses strong commercial skills, the ability to visualize, describe and structure deals.
Must be a self-starter, who can manage his or her own time, build a sales opportunity pipeline and work as a member of a local and virtual team.
Some work will require short turn-around times to support time-sensitive requirements, while other work will have longer sale cycles, but the ability to develop relationships and leverage Stratfor’s content and expertise into saleable consulting services is critical.
Solid understanding of world events, including political, economic and security issues.
Must have strong executive presence, strong oral and written communication abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills.
An understanding of how corporations and other organizations use strategic intelligence would be useful, as would any commercial experience, but these skills are less important than the ability to build strategic relationships.
Experience with intelligence operations is preferred.
Education must include a bachelor’s degree at minimum.
Foreign language aptitude and travel experience is preferred.
Location in Austin, Texas is required.
This role may require 25%+ travel, depending on client locations.
Please forward resumes to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
- Creativity and clarity in constructing clear, logical arguments with supporting evidence
- Clear and compelling writing skills
- Rigor and resourcefulness in conducting research
- Well-rounded and in-depth understanding of regional or thematic focus for which you are interviewing. Rather than country or narrow issue experts, we are looking for candidates that can understand the key political, economic, energy, security, historical and social trends shaping a region.
- Self-starter qualities; the ability to manage your own own time and work constructively as a member of a local and virtual overseas team
- Relevant foreign language capabilities in addition to a strong command in written English is a major plus
All Analyst positions are based at the company headquarters in Austin, TX.
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to [email protected]. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined. Please specify if you have eligibility to work in the United States.
Skills We're Looking For
Front-end web application development
Experience working collaboratively using Git and GitHub
Experience building out responsive web designs
Focus on quality design, usability, and user experience (UX)
Excellent communication and collaboration skills and attention to detail
Familiarity with security best practices
Familiarity with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
Experience using Sass/Compass to generate CSS (or other CSS pre-processors, such as Less or Stylus)
Experience working with (and preferably contributing to) open source projects
Experience in Drupal theming (or similar content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, etc.), HTML5, CSS3, and cross-browser testing
Experience building out responsive email campaigns
UI/UX design, mobile web and application design, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Unbounce, front-end frameworks, Unix basics, Vagrant, Ansible, Redmine, Node.js, A/B and multivariate testing (MVT) tools such as Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) or Google Content experiments
We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with the team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics, world events or are a history buff, then this is definitely the place to be.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected] along with links to sites and/or open source projects you’ve worked on, including a description of your contribution.
The Global Security Specialist works within the analyst team, producing customer-driven Stratfor analytical products while also building relationships with Stratfor client contacts and providing exceptional support and analysis. The incumbent provides subject matter expertise to support other Stratfor internal teams, communicating client interests and needs within the analysis, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Work as a member of the analyst team, responsible for applying knowledge and expertise about global security incidents, tactics and trends to the geographic and topical areas of interest to clients. Must master and utilize the Stratfor intelligence method to create original analysis and products.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with key client contacts to help customers better understand and use Stratfor products and resources. Act as the primary point of contact for clients to request and receive analysis and information from the analyst team.
- Prepare and deliver written and oral briefings in collaboration with the analyst team in response to client requests. Manage the production of customized analytical projects. Provide quality control for analytical deliverables.
- Collaborate with the analyst, sales, marketing and product teams to ensure deep and nuanced internal understanding of client needs and interests. Proactively share client feedback on projects and products.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Stratfor sales, marketing and account management teams throughout the sales cycle to identify areas of potential opportunity and risk. Work with the sales team to align customer interests to Stratfor capabilities and products, specifically supporting sales demonstrations and trials of Stratfor products.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideal candidate must have 3-5 years of experience working with multinational corporations in the corporate security, risk management, strategic planning, supply chain security, international logistics, business continuity or related fields.
- Solid understanding of global strategic and tactical security concerns, in addition to situational awareness of world events, including political, military and economic issues.
- Strong understanding of how strategic and tactical threats could impact corporate operations and interests; understanding of how corporations and international organizations use strategic and tactical intelligence.
- Open to new ideas, information and viewpoints; ready to learn. Willingness to collaborate with, and take recommendations and criticism from, all members of the Stratfor analytical team, regardless of their experience or seniority. Willingness to consider, address and incorporate constructive criticism.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills. Experience creating intelligence analysis, assessments or other similar products strongly desired.
- Self-starter who can manage his or her own time, independently set daily and long-term priorities, and work as a constructive member of a local and virtual team.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Education must include a bachelor’s degree at minimum.
- Foreign language aptitude and travel experience is preferred.
- This role will be based in Austin, Texas; the ideal candidate will live in Austin or be willing to relocate to Austin.
To apply to this position please send your resume to [email protected].
Austin-based global publishing company Stratfor is currently seeking a UX/UI Product Designer. We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with an experienced team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence using cutting-edge web technology. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics and world events, then this is definitely the place to be.
Skills We’re Seeking
User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design experience
Deep knowledge of user-centric design
Strong visual design and prototyping skills
Focus on mobile-first web design
Experience designing both native and hybrid (responsive web) apps
Experience working collaboratively with developers to implement designs
Highly skilled in UX/UI software tools (Adobe CS Suite, Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.)
Understanding of design constraints related to web development
Meticulous attention to detail
Excellent communication and time-management skills
Bachelor's degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), graphic design, or related field
Familiarity with Mac OS X
Understanding of front-end web development
Experience designing for content management systems, such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
Experience designing for front-end frameworks, such as AngularJS, Ember.js, etc.
Responsive email campaign design
Experience working with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.)
Please send a resume, along with a portfolio demonstrating diverse skills in UX architecture and design to [email protected].