Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below; please follow the instructions to our applicant page online. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications.
Stratfor is an equal employment opportunity employer. If you need assistance or an accommodation in completing your application due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected] or (512) 993-5560.
- Content Manager/Editor
- Front-End Application Developer
- Global Security Specialist
- UX/UI Product Designer
Stratfor's team of analysts come from extremely diverse backgrounds and share an intense passion for understanding how the world operates through a geopolitical lens. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate a high quality of mind and energy for what we do.
Stratfor analysts go beyond a narrow area of expertise to understand how issues connect across regions and themes. While managing a deluge of information on a daily basis, our analysts are trained to step back from the daily noise and home in on the deeper trends in motion to develop long-term, strategic forecasts. Members of this team possess the intellectual discipline to regularly have their baseline assumptions challenged without feelings getting hurt. We are looking for candidates who will thrive in a place where both speed and depth of analysis hold equal weight.
- Creativity and clarity in constructing clear, logical arguments with supporting evidence
- Clear and compelling writing skills
- Rigor and resourcefulness in conducting research
- Well-rounded and in-depth understanding of regional or thematic focus for which you are interviewing. Rather than country or narrow issue experts, we are looking for candidates that can understand the key political, economic, energy, security, historical and social trends shaping a region.
- Self-starter qualities; the ability to manage your own time and work constructively as a member of a local and virtual overseas team
- Relevant foreign language capabilities in addition to a strong command in written English is a major plus
Eurasia/Former Soviet Union
All Analyst positions are based at the company headquarters in Austin, TX.
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to [email protected]. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined. Please specify if you have eligibility to work in the United States.
Stratfor has been leading the world in impartial geopolitical analysis for decades. We are seeking an experienced and passionate Content Manager/Editor who is capable of providing valuable guidance and leadership for our in-house editing and writing team.
The Content Manager will oversee the day-to-day operational aspects of short- and long-term projects for Stratfor's prestigious online publications and a variety of custom enterprise projects and client reports. Under the direction of the Vice President of Analysis and Intelligence Operations, you will supervise and lead the regular and timely publication of content to online publications from both a scheduled and irregularly paced flow of intelligence and analytical reports and information. You will utilize your expertise to responsibly manage the in-house editing team to process a broad range of content quickly and efficiently.
You'll be joining a highly dedicated, hard-working, and collaborative editorial team that upholds the editorial voice and journalistic ethics of Stratfor. We're looking for a creative and analytical manager who is eager to not only embrace sound practices we have in place but also capable of introducing improved processes and standards of performance.
- Collaborate across departments to facilitate the shaping and timely delivery of content for Stratfor's online publications, social media streams, marketing and custom intelligence projects as they arise and are assigned
- Lead, direct, train, and manage the team of editors and writers to efficiently and creatively process analytical and intelligence content, targeting relevant content in the appropriate format to a variety of consumers including corporate, governmental, educational and individual subscribers
- Ensure content quality, clarity, and accuracy are always maintained in the content we publish
- Maintain the highest ethical and editorial standards and guidelines — including those on plagiarism, references and citations — and ensure they are correctly followed
- Coordinate with marketing and sales teams on effective content placement on different platforms
- Manage the overall content production schedule so that required document deliverables are completed on schedule
- Coordinate with analyst managers, creative directors and others to brainstorm design elements for evolving analysis, develop project plans, status reports, and effectively produce required content in alignment with impending deadlines
- Monitor content metrics, trends and industry competition with the goals of elevating the caliber of Stratfor content thereby increasing rates of subscription acquisitions and subscription renewals
- Supervise and maintain team schedules including time off coverage
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with not only your editing/writing team (both on-site and remote staff), but also other Stratfor management as well as customers to provide outstanding service to all stakeholders
- Participate in daily and weekly staff meetings, assist with staff training, and collaborate on process improvements for your team as well as for cross-functional projects
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred. Minimum of 10 years full-time experience as a writer, preferably a journalist, with the experience of managing a staff of at least five full-time editorial personnel
- Must be a strong writer and copy editor with excellent editorial judgment, time management and multitasking skills, and have the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly resulting in the efficient management of your team
- Proven experience from prior employment where meeting multiple daily deadlines and managing content flow with a focus on quick, creative and accurate deliverables was required to effectively perform your job responsibilities
- Demonstrated expertise with managing content flows and maintaining editorial standards
- Prior experience that required excellent planning and management skills, well-organized where you were comfortable managing conflicting demands.
- Prior experience requiring knowledge of politics, geopolitics, and/or current events to effectively produce content is a plus
- Confident, enthusiastic, motivating, creative and strategic with strong leadership and influencing skills, combined with the ability to work collaboratively across Stratfor's organization
- Flexible and capable of juggling changing priorities, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and capable of making quick decisions
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sense of complex analysis/content combined with strong attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Outspoken: Bringing your insights forward is expected, be comfortable with difficult conversations and raise concerns without hesitation
- Open to criticism: We believe in ongoing professional development and you must be open to being critiqued in order to facilitate continual growth
- Ambitious and able to drive through change, a self-starter, able to work independently, and are willing to go above and beyond to achieve challenging business goals
- Dedicated: Love to work and put in the necessary effort to ensure the best quality product … especially when breaking events require this dedication, effort, and the extended hours that may be necessary to meet these demands
As the world's leading geopolitical intelligence platform, Stratfor brings global events into valuable perspective, empowering businesses, governments and individuals to more confidently navigate their way through an increasingly complex international environment.
Stratfor is offering an attractive compensation, benefits, and paid time off package in a congenial, collaborative, business casual work environment. While enjoying working in a creative department that shapes the voice of a heritage organization, the selected candidate will be immersed in an interesting and ever-evolving editorial topic: geopolitics. Qualified candidates should forward their resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration.
Skills We're Looking For
Front-end web application development
Experience working collaboratively using Git and GitHub
Experience building out responsive web designs
Focus on quality design, usability, and user experience (UX)
Excellent communication and collaboration skills and attention to detail
Familiarity with security best practices
Familiarity with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
Experience using Sass/Compass to generate CSS (or other CSS pre-processors, such as Less or Stylus)
Experience working with (and preferably contributing to) open source projects
Experience in Drupal theming (or similar content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, etc.), HTML5, CSS3, and cross-browser testing
Experience building out responsive email campaigns
UI/UX design, mobile web and application design, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Unbounce, front-end frameworks, Unix basics, Vagrant, Ansible, Redmine, Node.js, A/B and multivariate testing (MVT) tools such as Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) or Google Content experiments
We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with the team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics, world events or are a history buff, then this is definitely the place to be.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected] along with links to sites and/or open source projects you’ve worked on, including a description of your contribution.
The Global Security Specialist works within the analyst team, producing customer-driven Stratfor analytical products while also building relationships with Stratfor client contacts and providing exceptional support and analysis. The incumbent provides subject matter expertise to support other Stratfor internal teams, communicating client interests and needs within the analysis, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Work as a member of the analyst team, responsible for applying knowledge and expertise about global security incidents, tactics and trends to the geographic and topical areas of interest to clients. Must master and utilize the Stratfor intelligence method to create original analysis and products.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with key client contacts to help customers better understand and use Stratfor products and resources. Act as the primary point of contact for clients to request and receive analysis and information from the analyst team.
- Prepare and deliver written and oral briefings in collaboration with the analyst team in response to client requests. Manage the production of customized analytical projects. Provide quality control for analytical deliverables.
- Collaborate with the analyst, sales, marketing and product teams to ensure deep and nuanced internal understanding of client needs and interests. Proactively share client feedback on projects and products.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Stratfor sales, marketing and account management teams throughout the sales cycle to identify areas of potential opportunity and risk. Work with the sales team to align customer interests to Stratfor capabilities and products, specifically supporting sales demonstrations and trials of Stratfor products.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideal candidate must have 3-5 years of experience working with multinational corporations in the corporate security, risk management, strategic planning, supply chain security, international logistics, business continuity or related fields.
- Solid understanding of global strategic and tactical security concerns, in addition to situational awareness of world events, including political, military and economic issues.
- Strong understanding of how strategic and tactical threats could impact corporate operations and interests; understanding of how corporations and international organizations use strategic and tactical intelligence.
- Open to new ideas, information and viewpoints; ready to learn. Willingness to collaborate with, and take recommendations and criticism from, all members of the Stratfor analytical team, regardless of their experience or seniority. Willingness to consider, address and incorporate constructive criticism.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills. Experience creating intelligence analysis, assessments or other similar products strongly desired.
- Self-starter who can manage his or her own time, independently set daily and long-term priorities, and work as a constructive member of a local and virtual team.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Education must include a bachelor’s degree at minimum.
- Foreign language aptitude and travel experience is preferred.
- This role will be based in Austin, Texas; the ideal candidate will live in Austin or be willing to relocate to Austin.
Please send your resume to [email protected].
Austin-based global publishing company Stratfor is currently seeking a UX/UI Product Designer. We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with an experienced team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence using cutting-edge web technology. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics and world events, then this is definitely the place to be.
Skills We’re Seeking
User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design experience
Deep knowledge of user-centric design
Strong visual design and prototyping skills
Focus on mobile-first web design
Experience designing both native and hybrid (responsive web) apps
Experience working collaboratively with developers to implement designs
Highly skilled in UX/UI software tools (Adobe CS Suite, Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.)
Understanding of design constraints related to web development
Meticulous attention to detail
Excellent communication and time-management skills
Bachelor's degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), graphic design, or related field
Familiarity with Mac OS X
Understanding of front-end web development
Experience designing for content management systems, such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
Experience designing for front-end frameworks, such as AngularJS, Ember.js, etc.
Responsive email campaign design
Experience working with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.)
Please send a resume, along with a portfolio demonstrating diverse skills in UX architecture and design to [email protected].