Stratfor is headquartered in Austin, Texas. In addition, we have relationships in geopolitically significant areas around the world. The only openings we have at this time are listed below; please follow the instructions to our applicant page online. We are unable to respond to individual questions regarding job opportunities due to the high volume of applications.
Stratfor is an equal employment opportunity employer. If you need assistance or an accommodation in completing your application due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected] or (512) 993-5560.
- B2B Marketing Manager
- Front-End Application Developer
- Global Security Specialist
- UX/UI Product Designer
Stratfor's team of analysts come from extremely diverse backgrounds and share an intense passion for understanding how the world operates through a geopolitical lens. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate a high quality of mind and energy for what we do.
Stratfor analysts go beyond a narrow area of expertise to understand how issues connect across regions and themes. While managing a deluge of information on a daily basis, our analysts are trained to step back from the daily noise and home in on the deeper trends in motion to develop long-term, strategic forecasts. Members of this team possess the intellectual discipline to regularly have their baseline assumptions challenged without feelings getting hurt. We are looking for candidates who will thrive in a place where both speed and depth of analysis hold equal weight.
- Creativity and clarity in constructing clear, logical arguments with supporting evidence
- Clear and compelling writing skills
- Rigor and resourcefulness in conducting research
- Well-rounded and in-depth understanding of regional or thematic focus for which you are interviewing. Rather than country or narrow issue experts, we are looking for candidates that can understand the key political, economic, energy, security, historical and social trends shaping a region.
- Self-starter qualities; the ability to manage your own time and work constructively as a member of a local and virtual overseas team
- Relevant foreign language capabilities in addition to a strong command in written English is a major plus
Eurasia/Former Soviet Union
All Analyst positions are based at the company headquarters in Austin, TX.
Please submit a cover letter, resume (CV) and relevant writing sample to [email protected]. Cover letters should be no more than 500 words explaining why you genuinely want to work for Stratfor and how you specifically meet the requirements outlined. Please specify if you have eligibility to work in the United States.
Stratfor has been leading the world in impartial geopolitical analysis for decades. Over the last three years, we have developed and released two B2B offerings for companies and organizations engaged in business in multiple countries around the world. These products allow them to more efficiently address and minimize risk associated with global events that impact their business operations. We are seeking an experienced and passionate Marketing Manager to develop and guide our B2B marketing efforts.
The B2B Marketing Manager will oversee the marketing functions for the entire B2B segment of our business, driving growth and MQL generation through direct ownership of B2B lead generation activities and tight collaboration with our B2B Sales team. This position requires the ability to creatively generate and drive leads via campaign design and execution through social and email campaigns, physical event attendance (both third-party and Stratfor events), collateral generation and sales enablement, along with other responsibilities described below. You'll be joining a highly dedicated and hard-working team to scale our global reach and grow our B2B subscription customer base and revenue. We're looking for a creative and analytical marketer who is eager to find new ways to introduce Stratfor's predictive insight and analysis to B2B audiences.
- Drive B2B lead generation, nurturing and conversion strategy across multiple channels including webinars, email, white papers, SEM, SEO, inbound, print advertising, conferences, tradeshows, channel partner events, and social
- Develop directly or through vendors sales enablement materials, including PowerPoints, product and value proposition PDFs, industry-specific collateral, web content, videos and infographics
- Tailor all communications to reflect our value proposition, voice and brand
- Manage relationships with vendors, marketing partners and internal stakeholders
- Implement tracking and reporting across all initiatives
- Manage B2B marketing budget and forecast to deliver efficient return on investment
- Work closely with B2B sales to understand goals, priorities and needs – arming sales team with collateral, case studies, email and presentations as needed
- Partner with B2C marketing and other teams (finance, content, product, brand, public relations) to achieve cross-departmental and overall company goals
- Understand our content, the importance of geopolitical analysis and protective intelligence in the marketplace, as well as our competitive landscape
- Conduct market research, soliciting feedback and testimonials from customers
- Perform all other related and compatible duties as assigned
- Report to CMO
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility in online B2B marketing and lead generation role
- Understanding of lead segmentation and scoring or targeted campaign execution
- Hands-on experience with marketing automation and lead management systems, Salesforce, HubSpot, Google Analytics, Google AdWords and others
- Understanding of the B2B buyer's journey and corresponding sales funnel
- Experience with digital products, publishing, and business information products a plus
- Proven performance in collaboratively working with the B2B sales organization in your prior employment
- Customer-experience-focused and highly curious about target audiences and their propensity to subscribe to what we provide
- Confident, enthusiastic and strategic with strong influencing skills, ability to work collaboratively across the business
- Ability to think strategically and with a "can do" approach at an operational level
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sense of complex data combined with strong attention to detail
- Ambitious and able to drive through change, a self-starter, able to work independently and willing to go above and beyond to achieve challenging business goals
- Excellent planning and management skills; well-organized and comfortable managing conflicting demands
- Enthusiastic, creative and motivating; able to provide support and encouragement to colleagues and especially in interacting with the B2B sales team
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills required
As the world's leading geopolitical intelligence platform, Stratfor brings global events into valuable perspective, empowering businesses, governments and individuals to more confidently navigate their way through an increasingly complex international environment. Stratfor is offering an attractive compensation, benefits, and paid time off package in a congenial, collaborative, business casual work environment. Qualified candidates should forward their resume to [email protected] for immediate consideration. This position is not a work-from-home position. The selected candidate will work in Stratfor's corporate offices in Austin, TX.
Skills We're Looking For
Front-end web application development
Experience working collaboratively using Git and GitHub
Experience building out responsive web designs
Focus on quality design, usability, and user experience (UX)
Excellent communication and collaboration skills and attention to detail
Familiarity with security best practices
Familiarity with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP)
Experience using Sass/Compass to generate CSS (or other CSS pre-processors, such as Less or Stylus)
Experience working with (and preferably contributing to) open source projects
Experience in Drupal theming (or similar content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, etc.), HTML5, CSS3, and cross-browser testing
Experience building out responsive email campaigns
UI/UX design, mobile web and application design, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Unbounce, front-end frameworks, Unix basics, Vagrant, Ansible, Redmine, Node.js, A/B and multivariate testing (MVT) tools such as Visual Website Optimizer (VWO) or Google Content experiments
We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with the team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics, world events or are a history buff, then this is definitely the place to be.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected] along with links to sites and/or open source projects you’ve worked on, including a description of your contribution.
The Global Security Specialist works within the analyst team, producing customer-driven Stratfor analytical products while also building relationships with Stratfor client contacts and providing exceptional support and analysis. The incumbent provides subject matter expertise to support other Stratfor internal teams, communicating client interests and needs within the analysis, sales, marketing and product teams.
- Work as a member of the analyst team, responsible for applying knowledge and expertise about global security incidents, tactics and trends to the geographic and topical areas of interest to clients. Must master and utilize the Stratfor intelligence method to create original analysis and products.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with key client contacts to help customers better understand and use Stratfor products and resources. Act as the primary point of contact for clients to request and receive analysis and information from the analyst team.
- Prepare and deliver written and oral briefings in collaboration with the analyst team in response to client requests. Manage the production of customized analytical projects. Provide quality control for analytical deliverables.
- Collaborate with the analyst, sales, marketing and product teams to ensure deep and nuanced internal understanding of client needs and interests. Proactively share client feedback on projects and products.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Stratfor sales, marketing and account management teams throughout the sales cycle to identify areas of potential opportunity and risk. Work with the sales team to align customer interests to Stratfor capabilities and products, specifically supporting sales demonstrations and trials of Stratfor products.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideal candidate must have 3-5 years of experience working with multinational corporations in the corporate security, risk management, strategic planning, supply chain security, international logistics, business continuity or related fields.
- Solid understanding of global strategic and tactical security concerns, in addition to situational awareness of world events, including political, military and economic issues.
- Strong understanding of how strategic and tactical threats could impact corporate operations and interests; understanding of how corporations and international organizations use strategic and tactical intelligence.
- Open to new ideas, information and viewpoints; ready to learn. Willingness to collaborate with, and take recommendations and criticism from, all members of the Stratfor analytical team, regardless of their experience or seniority. Willingness to consider, address and incorporate constructive criticism.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities and outstanding interpersonal skills. Experience creating intelligence analysis, assessments or other similar products strongly desired.
- Self-starter who can manage his or her own time, independently set daily and long-term priorities, and work as a constructive member of a local and virtual team.
- Ability to work quickly, accurately and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Education must include a bachelor’s degree at minimum.
- Foreign language aptitude and travel experience is preferred.
- This role will be based in Austin, Texas; the ideal candidate will live in Austin or be willing to relocate to Austin.
Please send your resume to [email protected].
Austin-based global publishing company Stratfor is currently seeking a UX/UI Product Designer. We offer an opportunity to work with smart people in a dynamic, yet well-established company. You'll work with an experienced team to help publish the latest in geopolitical analysis and international intelligence using cutting-edge web technology. If you're interested in the exciting world of geopolitics and world events, then this is definitely the place to be.
Skills We’re Seeking
User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design experience
Deep knowledge of user-centric design
Strong visual design and prototyping skills
Focus on mobile-first web design
Experience designing both native and hybrid (responsive web) apps
Experience working collaboratively with developers to implement designs
Highly skilled in UX/UI software tools (Adobe CS Suite, Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.)
Understanding of design constraints related to web development
Meticulous attention to detail
Excellent communication and time-management skills
Bachelor's degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), graphic design, or related field
Familiarity with Mac OS X
Understanding of front-end web development
Experience designing for content management systems, such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
Experience designing for front-end frameworks, such as AngularJS, Ember.js, etc.
Responsive email campaign design
Experience working with version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.)
Please send a resume, along with a portfolio demonstrating diverse skills in UX architecture and design to [email protected].